Medicines that matter
The men and women of DURECT strive to fulfill a fundamental promise to patients, physicians, corporate partners, and investors: create best-in-class pharmaceutical products with enduring value—measured most directly by their potential to make real, palpable differences in the lives of those who need them.
DURECT is focusing its efforts on therapeutic areas with significant unmet need, including diseases with no approved treatments like alcoholic hepatitis (AH) and non-alcoholic steatohepatitis (NASH). As we pursue our goals, we continue to ask ourselves the following questions: Are the therapies we propose to bring to market products of which we can truly be proud? Are they worthy of the formidable effort required to advance them through the FDA and international approval processes? Will they have a meaningful impact on the outcome that ultimately matters most—the well-being of the individuals treated with them?
- Advance medicine by adhering strictly to strong science
- Strive to develop multiple products that make a difference
- Be a good clinical and commercial partner
- Provide an environment where talented, dedicated people can deliver their best
- Be ethical and honest
- Aim high and persevere through challenges