Career Number: BHMMA_220DH1
Career Title: Manufacturing Associate I / II
Location: Birmingham, AL
MAIN PURPOSE OF POSITION:
To conduct manufacturing and polymer development tasks.
MAIN DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Perform manufacturing/synthesis under GMP.
- Clean GMP equipment.
- Assist in polymer manufacturing equipment calibration and maintenance.
- Assist in equipment qualification studies, including documentation of studies.
- Assist in performance of R&D development programs.
- Create, review, and revise SOP’s, Test Methods, Batch Records, Protocols, Reports, and other documents as needed.
- High School diploma required. Some college/college degree in science or engineering preferred.
- Level 1: 0 – 2 years of directly related experience
- Level II: 2+ years of directly related experience
- Must be computer literate to include basic knowledge of Microsoft Word and Excel.
- Must have an understanding of chemicals and chemical hazards and the proper handling of materials.
- Must be able to use various types of equipment and procedures including: vacuum pumps, vacuum ovens, gas lines and bubblers, automatic overhead stirrers, ovens, stir plates, vacuum distillations, simple distillations, balances, pH meters, and glassware maintenance.
- Must have good documenting skills for R&D and custom projects
- Ability to readily follow all documentation requirements and be flexible towards supporting multiple projects.
- Understanding of GMP regulations and experience in clean room work environment is required
- Good attention to detail
Essential Job Functions
- Ability to use both hands for extended periods of time while performing tasks
- Moderate physical activity. Requires handling of average weighted objects up to 25 pounds or standing and/or walking for more than 4 hours per day.
- Ability to use all required PPE
- Ability to walk, climb, stand, bend (neck and/or waist), kneel, reach, stoop, squat, twist (neck and/or waist), push, pull, and use of both hands for extended periods of time while performing tasks
- Ability to see, read and hear
- Some exposure to chemical hazards
Send qualified resumes to firstname.lastname@example.org