TRANSDUR® TRANSDERMAL TECHNOLOGY
TRANSDUR is a transdermal patch technology that may be used to achieve either of the following goals:
- Topical treatment of disorders localized to discrete areas of skin
- Efficient parenteral delivery of drugs with low oral bioavailabilities or short durations of action
Products in the TRANSDUR family are highly customizable according to the active agent and therapeutic goal. Large-area patches provide extended topical coverage, while smaller patches are optimized for comfort and long wear times.
Key advantages of TRANSDUR-based transdermal systems include:
- Excellent skin adhesion
- Minimally irritating, even after long-term contact
- Solid state drug reservoir for safety and efficient drug transfer
- 3- to 7-day continuous drug delivery with specialized rate-controlling chemistries
TRANSDUR technology underlies the ELADUR® (TRANSDUR-Bupivacaine) patch, which is targeted at postherpetic neuralgia (PHN), and the TRANSDUR®-Sufentanil patch, which has demonstrated advantages over oral extended-release oxycodone and transdermal fentanyl in a Phase 2 clinical trial of patients with chronic pain conditions.
Learn more about TRANSDUR-based pipeline products: