Research Associate II/III (Analytical Chemist)
Location: Cupertino, CA
Independently perform chemical and physical analytical tests; and document, evaluate and interpret data in
compliance with GMP regulations and internal SOPs.
Main duties and responsibilities
- Analyze raw materials, drug substances, and drug products for identity, potency and impurities using instrumentation such as HPLC, FTIR, and UV-vis spectroscopy.
- Perform wet chemistry experiments.
- Collect, calculate, and compute data, analyze and submit interpreted results to supervisor for disposition.
- Report abnormalities immediately; investigate and analyze and resolve problems within prescribed scope of authority.
- Perform calibration and maintenance on instruments.
- Must possess a BS/BA degree in Chemistry or Biochemistry, or related field.
- 2 to 5 year’s experience in a pharmaceutical company testing raw materials, drug substances, and drug products, with a thorough compliance to GMP regulations and internal SOPs.
- Must have recent, continuous hands-on HPLC experience.
- Working knowledge of Agilent ‘s ChemStation chromatography data system is a plus.
- Must readily follow all documentation requirements including notebooks and test report forms, and demonstrate GMP compliance.
- Must be detail oriented, well organized, and display strong writing and speaking skills.
- Must be flexible towards handling project assignments, and be a team player.
Essential Job Duties
- Ability to walk, climb, stand, bend (neck and/or waist), kneel, reach, stoop, squat, twist (neck and/or waist), push, pull, and use of both hands for extended periods of time while performing tasks.
- Ability to lift, move and handle materials weighing up to 25 lbs unassisted.
- Ability to use all required PPE.
- Will be required to work in the analytical laboratory for up to 50%-75% of work time on average.
- May work with potent drug molecules and hazardous chemicals.
- Must follow all the safety rules and guidance from Durect’s EH&S group.
- Will work extensively with personal computers, should be proficient with Excel and Word.
Additional Information: Durect Corporation anticipates that the annual base salary for this position could range from $85,000 to $125,000 and will depend, in part, on the successful candidate’s credentials for the role, including education, qualifications, and type as well as length of experience. Any offered salary is also based on internal equity, internal salary ranges, market data, and the position’s wage range. The salary range listed does not include any applicable bonuses or long-term incentives, differential pay or other forms of compensation or benefits. At Durect Corporation it is not typical for an individual to be hired at or near the top of the range for their role and compensation.